Name a city without the letter "a" in it

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 20 05:21:16 UTC 2014

LH: <<any other ancient city that disappeared before contact with
Latin-alphabet users>>
WB:  I would push the letter <A, a> back to the Phoenicians, just to be
safe from possible criticism.
LH:  <<Wouldn't there be lots of such cities in the backwoods of China?  Or
has English (if not Latin) already penetrated too far for that to be
possible? >>
WB:  There are just too many T-shirts running around Asia with alphabetic
gibberish inscriptions to rule out the letter <A, a>'s existence
everywhere. T-shirts & billboards here read like scripts for bad
lipreading. (Some examples in my facebook.)