three-dog night-with antedating(1932)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 25 13:34:16 UTC 2014

Money talks. Good find.

The 1957 story, however, specified Aborigines rather than "hearty" [sic]
frontiersmen.

It would also appear that the 1932 story was not widely reprinted over the
years.

Also noteworthy is that the phrase doesn't show up in Australian newspapers
or books until long after 1932.

The practice, if not the English phrase must go back to the earliest days
of canine domestication. I guess the dogs call it the same thing.

JL