Coney (Re: sea cunny)

Tue Jul 29 00:56:29 UTC 2014

I suspect Tolkien's use of "coney" when Frodo and Sam are in Ithilien ensured its survival, particularly for fantasy use.

Searching on things like

"roasted coney" -"coney Island"
"baked coney" -"coney island"

yields a modern few hits on GB--I searched only for books from 2005 on.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/home