"Nice find!"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 31 21:52:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

> I don't know about "on the sly," either. I would probably use it though
> who knows about young people...?

The expression was "*kidding* on the sly." IIRC, "I am / I was just kidding
on the sly" meant something along the lines of "I may sound / may have
sounded serious, but I am / I was just being facetious. Or not. The choice
is yours. *You* decide."  It was very ambiguous, hence kinda
passive-aggressive.

Youneverknew.

--
-Wilson