Petro?q

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 10 16:20:54 UTC 2014

To "Romanize" Cyrillic you need truespel phonetics to spell it so English readers can say it.  Why convert it to a notation that does not get the pronunciation right?Truespel conversion is after the tilde (~)
> Pe'tro, Pa'vlo, Dmi'tro, Lev'ko, Slav'ko, Hrits'ko, Yur'ko (stressed second syllable)
~Petrroe, ~Paavlloe, ~Dmeetrroe, ~Levkkoe~Slaavkkoe~Hreetskkoe~Yerkkoe

> Da'nilo, Ki'rilo, Mi'khailo  (stressed second syllable(
~Daanneeloe~Keerreeloe~Meexxaeloe
Assuming "r" is not flapped ~r.  If flapped use ~qAssuming ending "o" is long o ~oe, (as in go)Assuming "a" is ~aa (as in ah)Assuming "i" is ~ee (as in tree)Assuming "ur" is as in ~er (as in her) and not "long u" ~ue with ~qAssuming "kh" is flapped "k" ~xAssuming "ai" is long a ~ae (as in "hail") not long i (as in Taipei)
Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk