"vacation cutting" -- not in OED

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 12 05:03:21 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> "Immigrant families [to the U.S.]
> from African and other nations have long sent daughters to their
> ancestral homes for the summer, intending to

Immigrant black families [to the U.S. North] from Texas and other Southern
states have long sent their children to their ancestral homes for the
summer, intending to keep them from running wild in the streets while their
parents are at work and to allow them to connect with their families and
traditions.

Looks like a for-real African survival, y'all!

--
-Wilson
-----