Your big-boy pants

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jun 13 14:51:30 UTC 2014

Well, for UK speakers "pants" can indeed be underpants (whence the tendency to translate our cispondian "pants" into their "trousers"), so someone over there could transish from diapers into them.  This is assuming no relation with Bob's Big Boy, which I do remember fondly for some reason.  (Special sauce, I think.)

LH