"dickhead" in the news

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Jun 15 19:54:07 UTC 2014

On Jun 15, 2014, at 3:45 PM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> "KIEV/MOSCOW (Reuters) - Senior Russian parliamentarians urged Ukraine on
> Sunday to sack its foreign minister for calling President Vladimir Putin a
> 'dickhead' during a violent protest outside Russia's embassy in Kiev."

In either Ukrainian or Russian, I assume.  I'm curious about the literal meaning of the literal term he used--was it indeed 'dick' + 'head' or something else, and if the latter, how can we tell it was 'dickhead' and not 'asshole'?  (Or a body part conventionalized as an insult, in the manner of "prick", "putz", "shmuck"?)

LH