Old Bailey records and linguistic analysis

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jun 19 13:31:45 UTC 2014

If -- especially in the early days -- the Old Bailey records  record
only the names, accusation(s), and verdict, but not the testimony,
possible.  (I have not looked at the Old Bailey site myself.  But
colonial New England case records of the 17th and 18th century are
also similarly short.  One has to go to the Massachusetts archives to
see any records of testimony, depositions.   I think the newspaper
article said that such records from Old Bailey are in the on-line
database, but IIRC not in the computer-searchable portion.

Joel