The toothpaste vice

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 29 16:48:17 UTC 2014

Don't laugh. I have always used a pair of flat-nose pliers, so as to
flatten the tube as the toothpaste is squeezed out, and then roll the tube
up from the bottom & use the pliers to further compress the rolled-up part;
then hold the roll together with a binder clip. And I don't automatically
throw a spent toothpaste tube away -- waste not, want not. On my frequent
sojourns, I will have unrolled said tube, cut off the end, and squirted
some toothpaste from a new tube, just enough to last the trip. Taking a
whole tube of toothpaste on a flight, and then having Homeland Security
confiscate it was a sinful waste. I hope they enjoyed it. They're goin' to
Hell.