The latest news: v Krymu, ...

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Mar 5 21:42:01 UTC 2014

I always found it a bit off putting that the word for hello was something I learned (or tried to learn) as something like vzdravstvytye.  Seems like it would cut down on cordiality.  Something more like "privyet" is reputedly also possible but we weren't allowed to resort to that one--this was in 1962, and the class began at 8:00a.m.  Needless to say...

LH