Query: Article on Chinese borrowings into English

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 6 22:53:00 UTC 2014

     For an older reference, there is the OED Chinese consultant, Yuan
Jiahua. Especially his 1981 comprehensive article in <Journal of Chinese
Linguistics > 9.2:244-285. His 1982 <<An Anglo-Chinese Glossary>> is in JCL
10:108-164. (His (& the OED's) old-fashioned notation is nigh impossible to
fathom, however.)
     More recent Anglo-Sinitic borrowings are on my back burner, and may
never come to a froth. You may recall, however, my notice of <quan jue>
(death by dogs) recently.
-----Wab.