those investigators are up to no good

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Mar 14 15:30:37 UTC 2014

At 3/14/2014 10:47 AM, David A. Daniel wrote:
> From CNN Breaking News:
>A Reuters report says military radar data suggest that missing Malaysia
>Airlines Flight 370 was "deliberately flown hundreds of miles off course"
>toward India's Andaman Islands, "heightening suspicions of foul play among
>investigators."

Someone's definitely up to no good.  As early as the 10th century the
Andaman Islands were described as being inhabited by fierce
cannibalistic tribes, in a travel report by a Persian
navigator.  (Will we find Iran at the bottom of this incident?)

And in the 19th century, after an unpleasant encounter Holmes took
down from a shelf the bulky first volume of a gazetteer that was just
being published, to read to Watson the following description of the
Andaman natives:

"So intractable and fierce are they that all the efforts of the British
official have failed to win them over in any degree.  They have always
been a terror to shipwrecked crews, braining the survivors with their
stone-headed clubs, or shooting them with their poisoned arrows.  These
massacres are invariably concluded by a cannibal feast."

Did someone need an entree for a feast?

Joel