"White trash" (1821) and "United States" (1719, 1695)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Mar 23 19:05:05 UTC 2014

Bonnie,

Indeed a fascinating text.  Perhaps worth (your) publishing as a note
somewhere?

What publication (periodical?) do you think the "Chronicle"
is?  Perhaps unanswerable; it's not much of an identification.

Do you think "LIBERTY AND EQUALITY" was a pseudonym, and of whom?  It
was apparently a common catch-phrase in the 1790s through the early
1800s (with some appearances earlier, although the 1700 and 1706 are
false; GBooks).

Joel