buoy [boy] ~ [BOO-ee]

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Mar 25 01:07:44 UTC 2014

You can find a bunch of different versions (52) of "Eddystone Light" on iTunes; the excerpts I checked all have /@hoi/ and /boi/ (and the bit, I just after that couple, about how one of the offspring was exhibited as a talking fish and another served in a chafing dish; all very tragic), but I didn't come across any (without having checked all 52) that included the final spoken couplet below.  I guess it was the old "Brothers Four" version that I dimly recall.

LH