pump, n. = slut

David Barnhart dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM
Tue Mar 25 16:54:36 UTC 2014

While watching the movie marathon featuring the small town police chief,
Jesse Stone, I heard _pump_, n., meaning "a girl with loose morals."

Jesse Stone, Police Chief: "What can you tell me about her?"

Dr. Lilly Summers, School Principal: "Billie was the school pump."

Stone: "You don't beat around the bush."  ....

Robert B. Parker, Death in Paradise (Netflix), 2006

I found this noun meaning in Green (1998), which he dates from "1970s" (but
without a quotation).

_Pump_, v., meaning "to have sexual intercourse," is recorded in OEDs (9c,
1730).

Further evidence of the noun use would be gratefully received.

Thank you,

David

barnhart at highlands.com