The new metaphor: The haystack and the 777

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Mar 26 01:19:55 UTC 2014

What I thought notable was the very concrete image of a 777 in a
haystack.  Must have been large enough to feed Babe.  Perhaps
confusingly, I wrote "the new metaphor".  I didn't really mean to
suggest non-needles in haystacks were new, just that this one was
exceptionally large.

Joel