Fwd: Re: Eddystone Light Fwd: Re: buoy [boy] ~ [BOO-ee]

Dan Goodman dsgood at IPHOUSE.COM
Mon Mar 31 19:09:17 UTC 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Eddystone Light  Fwd: Re: buoy [boy] ~ [BOO-ee]
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:11:34 -0400
From: John Roberts
To: ballad-l at list.indiana.edu

To throw in my 2¢, growing up in England (the West Midlands) I never
heard "boo-ee." "Boy" was it, and that's how Cyril Tawney sang it, where
I learned my version of the song from. In the NE US however, I never
hear "boy" and apart from the song, I have tended to modify my
pronunciation in hopes of being understood by the natives.
JR

--
Dan Goodman
Whatever you wish for me, may you have twice as much.