salugi

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 3 12:32:05 UTC 2014

Thanks, Garson.

And thanks too Sam for the update on the Brooklyn Daily Eagle.

But it contains no {saluggi} or any other possible spelling I could think
of.

Wikipedia reminds me that Hy Gardner was a prominent columnist for the N.Y.
Herald-Tribune.  It reports his date of birth as 1908, in Manhattan.

JL

JL