"lyric" = "an individual word in a song"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 6 15:19:35 UTC 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2621331/Wu-Tang-Clan-bigger-vocabulary-SHAKESPEARE-Infographic-ranks-rappers-use-English-language.html#ixzz30ws4UphR

"New York-based data scientist analysed 35,000 lyrics of 85 hip-hop artists
to find the number of unique words

"He compared this to the number of unique words in the first 35,000 words
of Shaksepeare’s plays and Moby Dick"

Note Inglish spelling of "Shakespeare."  Guess whose word whored is
"statistically" bigger? Hint: Not Melville's.

The news even made it to "All Things Considered" last night. So did this
use of the word "lyric."

Worth reading just to flex your eye-rolling muscles. Now my eyes are buff!

JL