Ben Zimmer in WSJ on "Boko Haram"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun May 11 00:18:37 UTC 2014

Nice piece--thanks to Ben, and to Jerry and Christopher.  Although I'm not sure I feel comfortable with "corrupted the root"; I prefer "adapted" or "modified".

Nice to hear from the man we knew at UCLA as *the* Paul Newman. Africanist extraordinaire; I'll take his word for it.  I confess, I don't really know about "littafi" vs. "kitab".  (Adapted into Swahili as "kitabu", plural "vitabu".)

LH