Chronicle of Higher Education Article on Serenity Prayer

Fri May 16 17:17:14 UTC 2014

Fred's article is wonderful. It contains fascinating new results about
the provenance of the Serenity Prayer and insightful commentary about
the ongoing tectonic shifts in research methodologies for historical
inquiry.

The results obtained by searching large scale databases of documents
can upend traditional historical narratives, e.g., the account that
the Serenity Prayer was composed for a 1943 church service.

Congratulations to Fred and The Chronicle Review for publishing this
important article.

Garson