Goodbye Sunny Nissan

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue May 20 13:57:47 UTC 2014

At 5/19/2014 11:35 PM, W Brewer wrote:

>In my U.S. youth, I owned a Pontiac clunker & a Ford station wagon lemon.
>My Nissan Sunny, on the other hand, ran like a top for 19 years;
>regrettably, my father-in-law thought it an eye-sore & had it towed away.

Well, I can sympathize with him if it had for all those years been
rotating in place.  And "After spinning upright for an extended
period, the angular momentum, and therefore the gyroscopic effect
will gradually lessen, leading to ever increasing precession, finally
causing the car to topple in a frequently violent last thrash."

Joel