Never before scene photos

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 21 23:49:59 UTC 2014

More grist for the mill: <never-before-scene photos from the scene>
Thursday, May 22nd 2014 9AM MailOnline
<
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592105/Seattle-police-release-35-never-scene-photos-scene-Kurt-Cobains-1994-suicide.html

Headline: <<Final note pinned to a planter, Washington state ID card and a
lone wooden stool: Seattle police release 35 never-before-scene photos from
the scene of Kurt Cobain's 1994 suicide>>
<<On the eve of the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's suicide, the Seattle
Police Department has released a cache of never-before-scene photos showing
the room where the Nirvana frontman was found dead in April 1994.>>
WB:  JB's reaction is similar to my first impression (<<What a stupid,
quasiliterate mistake.>>). That must have been the first stage: it was a
mistake of some sort. My 2nd reaction, after viewing the 5-minute video:
Wow, Bruce Carson's no dummy, he's a sensitive, humorous preserver of Lost
Hollywood memorabilia; what a clever punster! I think LH's haplolology
hypopotamothesis is reasonable:  {never-before-seen} x
{(on-the-)scenephotos}; cf. <crime-scene photos>. On the other hand,
DG's <Siriosis>
diagnosis makes sense as to which written form is to be kept after the
haplology, since <scene> (so theatrical, French) exudes a sexier nuance
than <seen> (bland irregular verb form, Germanic).