Show Out

Indigo Som indigo at WELL.COM
Fri May 30 06:32:25 UTC 2014

I’ve lived in San Francisco Bay Area pretty much all my life. I’ve heard “show off” more, but have also heard “show out”, (almost?*) exclusively from African American folks — some of whom were born, bred & buttered here, like I was, & some who were from the South & other places.

*haven’t kept careful track, but I think if I heard non-Black people say “show out” they were probably from the South &/or spent a lot of time in African American communities.