[Ads-l] pornographic

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Mon Nov 3 04:11:13 UTC 2014

Other examples of more generalized pornography that come to mind include:

food porn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_porn
disaster porn:
http://inthesetimes.com/article/5487/our_addiction_to_disaster_porn
earth porn: http://earthporn.org/

A COCA search for "[nn*] porn" also turns up torture porn, reality porn,
death porn, and (new to me) ruin porn. Of course, there's also stuff
like "kiddie porn" and "internet porn," in which "porn" still has its
more specific meaning.

Neal

--
Dr. Neal Whitman