[Ads-l] Sentence-final though / tho / doe

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 6 12:33:30 UTC 2014

I've been noticing the final "so" for years, maybe even a decade or more.

It's like an afterthought, as though the speaker thinks more could or
should be said, but doesn't know what or why.

Maybe it encourages the interlocutor to suggest something.

Like, "so what?"

JL