[Ads-l] Babe Ruth Quote (UNCLASSIFIED)

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Mon Nov 10 19:33:30 UTC 2014

I'll get hold of a copy of the Meany book and check it.  Thanks to Bill and Garson and others for their help.

Fred Shapiro

From: American Dialect Society [ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf of ADSGarson O'Toole [adsgarsonotoole at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 2:13 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Babe Ruth Quote (UNCLASSIFIED)

Great citation, Bill. Thanks for locating and sharing it. Interesting
possible connection to Meany's book. Worldcat has this listing:

Title: Babe Ruth; the big moments of the big fellow.
Author: Tom Meany
Publisher: New York, A.S. Barnes [1947]

Google Books has the book but a search for "Hoover" shows no match. Of
course, there may be an OCR problem or some corruption of the
database.

http://books.google.com/books?id=0opLAAAAYAAJ&

Garson

Garson