[Ads-l] "Who am I to judge" and Notable Quotes

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Nov 19 03:54:05 UTC 2014

At 11/18/2014 09:31 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>On Nov 18, 2014, at 9:13 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Can anyone guess why this quote is not suitable for a list of the most
> >> nota=
> >> ble quotations of 2014?
> >>

> > Of course. It's obvious.
>
>Because he was paraphrasing Jesus and/or Matthew 7:1?

I conclude it's for that reason.  But must a QOTY be completely
original, or need it only be memorable?  Why not admit something that
was first published millennia ago, and in any case is being paraphrased?

And I assume Fred's use of :-) means he is just kidding about its not
being eligible.

Joel