[Ads-l] testing intelligent quotes

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 17 01:03:56 UTC 2014

What I see:

=93abc=94 =91def=92

In my text the above appear as intelligent=20
quotation marks before this message is=20
sent.  Let's see what they appear as to various=20
members' email applications.  One answer from=20
each of three factions should be sufficient --=20
either as intelligent quotes (different forms for=20
opening and closing), unintelligent quotes (same=20
form for opening and closing), or gibberish=20
(strings of three characters, such as =E2=80=99 for a single quote or=
apostrophe).

If for some email applications they appear as=20
quotation marks (whether intelligent or=20
unintelligent), then the fault lies in your email application, dear Brutus.