[Ads-l] Gender- and anti-American discrimination in alder-, select- and chair- (and the OED)

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 21 04:00:55 UTC 2014

If you're ever serious about a spoiler alert, put it several lines ahead. I
suspect that, like me, most of the readers of this list see somewhat ahead
of where they're reading. Placement like this means that by the time I've
seen and assimilated "spoiler warning", it's too late: I've already seen
the spoiler and am processing it.

Mark Mandel