pull a train, was "Gang-bang": It's alive!

David Daniel david at COARSECOURSES.COM
Mon Sep 1 17:36:59 UTC 2014

When I was a kid, late 50s early 60s, Southern California, "pull a train"
meant a woman consensually having sex with multiple male partners, one after
the other in rapid succession, also known as a gang bang, difference being
that everyone there was involved in the gang bang but she was the one
pulling the train. It is of course possible that whoever introduced this
concept to us in the neighborhood got it backwards, but that's been my
definition ever since (not that I've given it a lot of thought nor used it
very often).
DAD

Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 1:06 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: pull a train, was "Gang-bang": It's alive!

Poster:       Indigo Som <indigo at WELL.COM>
---

fwiw, I heard =93pull a train=94 sometime in jr. high, Marin County CA =
in the late 70s. The more in-the-know friend who explained it to me used =
it so: =93I heard she pulled a train.=94 My friend=92s explanation left =
the (non)consent piece so ambiguous that even at that age I smelled a =
slut-shaming, rape-culture rat. Not that rape culture or slut-shaming =
were concepts that we had at that point, but I just remember frowning w/ =
confusion, wait a minute, did she get raped or did she want to do that, =
& why is it her fault &/or why is it her action (grammatically) if she =
gets gang raped?!

=93Pull a train=94 was not in wide use among my acquaintances then; it=92s=
 possible I may have only heard it from that one friend.