America's War on Language

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 5 03:03:32 UTC 2014

WG:  <<My friend, Hideo, . . . chose to go with a nice swastika.>>
WB:  Swastikas can be seen anywhere in Taiwan; they are identified with
Buddhism. When first arriving in Taiwan, I saw packages of instant noodles
with swastika logos. I call the TKU student union <<Nazi Headquarters>>,
because at the entrance is an elaborate fac,ade of hundreds of Hakenkreuze.
And of course as decorations on the ubiquitous shrines, temples, and
statuary therein.
     Hideo's classmates might have been drawing pictures of Jesus, back
when it was okay to do so in school. But, ya never know. He mighta had a
midget sub in his basement. Better safe than sorry. Assume he didn't have
any bansai plants, that woulda clinched it.