fapp and phallologocentrism

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 11 14:04:03 UTC 2014

Apparently, an early occurrence of "fap" appears in a 90's comic strip:

" “Fap” is one of many onomatopoeic words often used in manga to depict the
specific sound of a character masturbating. The earliest known
transcription of the word “fap” online can be found in the Sexy Losers[1]
<http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fap#fn1> webcomic titled “Video Girl Etchi”
(shown below, left), published on April 28th, 1999. The comic parodied a
scene from Video Girl Ai, a manga series written and illustrated by
Masakazu Katsura and released between 1990 and 1993. On July 12th, 2011,
Sexy Losers’ artist Clay revealed in a post[8]
<http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fap#fn8> on Tumblr
<http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sites/tumblr> that he was inspired by a
*Heartbroken
Angels* comic strip by Masahiko Kikuni depicting God masturbating when
searching for a sound representing masturbation in his own strip."

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fap

Here's a link to an image of the inspiring comic scene:

https://www.tumblr.com/search/90smanga

And, yes, it appears God is male.

Eric