"native advertising"

Tue Sep 16 03:26:53 UTC 2014

I hope that didn't sound flippant.

I've been wondering about the Facebook ads that look irritatingly close to real posts, whereas the Google ads stick out (to me, anyway) as clearly being ads and therefore irrelevant to my search. This is definitely a useful term.

Wiktionary (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/native) has two definitions for "native" that are relevant:

4. Born or grown in the region in which it lives or is found; not foreign or imported.
	a native inhabitant
	native oysters or strawberries
	Many native artists studied abroad.

6. Pertaining to the system or architecture in question.
	This is a native back-end to gather the latest news feeds.
	The native integer size is sixteen bits.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/home