What we really didn't want to know could go into sausages ...

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Sep 22 22:09:02 UTC 2014

but felt compelled to inquire about.

"Spanish researchers studied the potential utility of using bacteria
isolated from infant feces as a starter culture for fermented sausages."

Winner of the 2014 Ig Nobel prize for Nutrition.

Courtesy Boston Globe, Sept. 14.  The Globe reporter apparently was
running out of space, and didn't report the results of the last two
prizes it listed.  However, elsewhere we learn that the nutition
result was positive --"baby poop can be a great way to start culture
for fermented sausage."
http://www.inquisitr.com/1489185/can-bacon-cure-nosebleeds-ig-nobel-prize-winner-says-so-video/

Joel