"debbie" (not in OED) [was: Shakespearean play-goer & cliches]

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Thu Sep 25 00:14:31 UTC 2014

And, although much later, there's
'Unless you know Shelley and Keats and Pope
Dainty Debbies will call you a dope' 'Brush up your Shakespeare', Kiss me Kate, Cole Porter, 1948.

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)

Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email looks.