floor 'ground'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 26 14:45:00 UTC 2014

Larry, my recollection is precisely the opposite. I would occasionally say
"fell on the floor" for "...ground."

I never recall being corrected, however. Scary, huh?

Moreover, I believe that "fell on the floor" was the only construction that
invited the mix-up.

Now it's supposedly a trend.

Inglish arises from humble beginnings.

JL