floor 'ground'

Fri Sep 26 22:38:05 UTC 2014

I used to have a townhouse in which the bottom floor was a garage with a tiny entry. The main floor was the next floor up. I found not only myself but renters also referred to the main floor as the first floor, numbering the other floors on up (four in total).

This was a subconscious thing based on living in the unit, but it might be a basis for change.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/home