"What's not to love?"

Mon Sep 29 19:05:31 UTC 2014

Apparently "What's not to love?" was in a high-profile 1957 book.

Year: 1957
Title: Rally Round The Flag, Boys!
Author: Max Shulman
Page 8 and 9 (according to GB)
Database: Google Books snippet unverified

[Begin excerpt]
Here, obviously, was a
girl of passion and fire. Now it remained to find out
just what it was she was passionate and fiery about.
"I'm not quite sure I follow you," he said.
"Do you love children?"
"What's not to love?"
"Exactly. How can you help loveing those sweet,
innocent little things, so full of trust and affection,...
[End excerpt]

Garson