[Ads-l] "ground" vs. "floor"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 5 21:24:15 UTC 2015

Tonight on Animal Planet's _My Cat from Hell_, cat owners (or "guardians"
as they're supposed to be called) in two different states - California and
Oregon - referred to the floor of their apartments as "the ground."  (As
in, "down on the ground" and "put it on the ground,"  not (one hopes) "We
need a new rug for the ground."

One speaker was about thirty, the other maybe sixty.

JL