[Ads-l] "on the nose"

Mon Apr 6 04:24:46 UTC 2015

Thanks Jon and Ben for pointing to this interesting use of the phrase
"on the nose".

I see evidence that this sense can be traced back to the late 1960s
and 1970s in the domain of scripts and reviews. I will try to verify
the citations when I have time - assuming someone does not find
earlier occurrences.
Garson