[Ads-l] "not much of very else" (presumably = 'not very much else')

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Apr 7 01:31:05 UTC 2015

Commentator Doris Burke, toward the end of ESPN's coverage of NCAA women's basketball national semi-finals, anticipating the national championship game tomorrow night between longtime rivals UConn and Notre Dame and explaining that the teams' previous meeting during the regular season, won by UConn 76-58, was not a useful indicator of what might happen in Tuesday's game, given the injury to Notre Dame's Brianna Turner that caused her to miss the December game.

"Jewel Lloyd had 31 points in that first game...It was about Jewell Loyd and not much of very else...Good drive by Stewart...Not much of very else at that moment."

I'd have thought she "misspoke", but she repeated the identical phrase a few seconds later.  A new one on me!

LH