[Ads-l] [C18-L] Rochester, children, and theories

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Fri Apr 10 03:57:53 UTC 2015

Perhaps another "John Wilton, Member of Parliament"?  This seems to be
hinted at in one of the google-books hits for the quotation.

Wiki has this about him, and the dates fit the tone of the quotation better:

"John Charles Wilmot, 1st Baron Wilmot of Selmeston PC (2 April 1893 – 22
July 1964) was a British Labour Party politician. He served under Clement
Attlee as Minister of Aircraft Production from 1945 to 1946 and as Minister
of Supply from 1945 to 1947."

Not that I have anything against 18C-L, but years ago, when I was vaguely
thinking about internet discussion groups considered in terms of primate
territoriality (rather than a downhill bicycle race), that particular list
struck me as an extreme example of the noyeau social grouping most commonly
associated with the silverbacked gorilla.

Deference and territoriality rule, ya bass!

Robin Hamilton