[Ads-l] Quote: Kind to her inferiors. And where does she find them? (antedating Dorothy Parker 1941 January 4)

Sun Apr 19 18:26:33 UTC 2015

Thanks for your great feedback, LH. I feared that Boswell's use of
"condescension" might confuse readers, but I was too lazy to do
anything about it. Now I've added the following remark:

[Begin excerpt]
Please note that the word "condescension" now has a negative
connotation, but in the text above from Boswell the word was not
pejorative; instead, a praiseworthy humility was suggested.
[End excerpt]

Garson