[Ads-l] Has anyone else noticed the use of "dick" and "pussy" to mean...

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 25 02:50:47 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> I don't know Adult Swim, but if you're talking Broad City and/or Amy =
> Schumer on Comedy Central--yeah, those young ladies pretty much say what =
> the f... they want.  Of course on all the shows it's not so much what =
> they say but what gets and what doesn't get bleeped out; for lip readers =
> (and that's basically all of us if we really try) pretty much anything =
> goes on basic cable anymore on at least some shows.

Tosh.0 is semi-bleeped, as though they're using equipment from the '60's:
"dumb fuc#." After Chapelle, they don't bleep black people using "nigger"
anymore, which makes complete sense. Pryor was using "nigger" in front of
99.44% white audiences from back in the '60's, at the Troubadour in
Hollywood, where I saw him *literally* "roll 'em in the aisles." You may
recall his '70's album, "That Nigger Is Crazy." Then, he got weird about
it, like Adult Swim, which doesn't bleep the Magic Word at all on "The
Boondocks," but it does on all other shows, irrespective of the putative
race of the character using it, especially if the show is live, like
"Loiter Squad" or "Black Jesus," The Eric Andre Show being an exception.

I've also noticed that nobody sweats "nookie" and "twat," anymore, either.
I haven't heard "cock," yet, though, in the relevant meaning.

--
-Wilson
-----