[Ads-l] "prostitute/whore with a heart of gold" (UNCLASSIFIED)

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 28 23:55:05 UTC 2015

Chorus girls... choir boys...

There are many uses uses of "with a heart of gold" that contrast it with
other, more obvious personality traits or rough "professions". Bruiser,
tough guy, drunkard, etc. The contrast wasn't only for women and not only
for prostitutes. That seems to just one of the tropes going back at least
150 years (e.g., Bret Harte characters). But there were actually several.
IMO "chorus girl" isn't meant to be a whore (or, to go in another
direction, a slut). Rough, poor, sexualised, disrepected, marginal status
-- yes. Whores? Only some.

VS-)

On 2:23pm, Tue, Apr 28, 2015 Mullins, Bill CIV (US) <