[Ads-l] Mickey D's

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Aug 1 23:19:33 UTC 2015

There's speculation on the web, but no clear answers.  Some, apparently, see it as having originated as a "black thing"; here are some responses to that, with no consensus:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-158179.html

I've heard it for ages but I have no idea where it came from and can't imagine using it myself.  (The nickname, that is; I have used McDonald's itself on occasion while in transit, I confess--sausage McMuffin for breakfast while traveling, jalapeño burgers, etc.  En route from point A to points B and C via Mickey D.

LH