[Ads-l] blood in one's eye; hormonal; to "late-night angry-tweet"

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Sun Aug 9 15:14:32 UTC 2015

Do we also find "to talk-show ... (fulminate, etc.)"?

Joel

      From: Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2015 10:46 AM
 Subject: Re: [ADS-L] blood in one's eye; hormonal; to "late-night angry-tweet"

> On Aug 9, 2015, at 10:27 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> Shd be "fulminate against," but hey, we can always use new transitives.
>
> JL

And "to late-night angry-tweet" (Jon's III below) is a beaut.  Based on my prediction (re "to drunk-drive", "to nude-sunbathe" a little while back), I'd have to claim that the use of this complex transitive verb requires treating this as a specific category of action (like "to butt-dial", "to drunk-dial", etc.).  To late-night angry-tweet someone is not simply to tweet someone angrily late at night, but to engage in this particular kind of established--mode of action? fetish?  Well, whatever it is, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

LH