[Ads-l] Monteleone's "Slang"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 18 01:54:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sounds to me like old police or medical jargon, short for "chronic user."

I agree. Indeed, it's obvious. Now that you've pointed it out. ;-) But, it
seems to me that that renders even more tenuous the etymological connection
between the captain's word and the UD's consensus that "chronic" is a
hybrid strain of cannabis that kicks serious ass, in the west, but is only
reasonably-good weed that has been "enhanced" by the addition of coke or
meth, in the east.

Any resemblance between the two chronics may be purely coincidental or even
merely accidental.

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson